To get expected success in the exam, it requires understanding the IBPS PO Exam Pattern thoroughly. In this section, we are going to mention the significant topic coming from different sections. This will help you to understand in a better way than how you need to prepare your timetable. The prominent ones have been mentioned here-
The Significant Topics Regarding the English Language
This part of the prelims exam comes with a total number of 30 questions. And the total will be 30 marks. Talking about the following topics, it is quite important in the context of the section following the IBPS PO Previous Year Papers pattern indeed.
- Reading comprehension comes up with a total number of 10 questions. IBPS PO Prelims preparation is quite important and you should put in the best efforts indeed. The passage could be economy-oriented. Make sure that you go with “The Economist” in that context.
- The next on the list is all about the Cloze Test. This part will be carrying 5 questions. You need to cover important questions following the new pattern along with the important topics indeed.
- You also need to pay attention to spotting errors/sentence correction/improvement related. You will need to come across 5-10 questions following this area. The chances are high that you might be asked questions following sentence improvement instead of going ahead with spotting errors. You need to go clear about the grammar rules to find the huge score in this section.
- Candidates do also need to prepare for the Para jumbles-related questions. You also need to contemplate the sentence rearrangement. Here, you will find a total number of 5 questions. You need to go with practice following the same pattern indeed.
- The double filler is also next on the list. Here, you would be required to expect coming from a double filler topic. You need to understand it following the observation skills.
Candidates are also required to prepare regarding the changing pattern. If you are contemplating the latest trends, you need to prepare yourself to find out the correct statement and other new pattern style questions indeed.
Talking About The Reasoning Ability
This section comes up with a total number of 35 questions. The IBPS PO prelims come up with a total number of 35 marks. You need to contemplate the preparation of this section too.
- Puzzles and seating arrangement is one of the quite common and important sections to prepare. You may expect 2-3 sets of puzzles or seating arrangements. Talking about the previous year, there are a variety of different questions asked such as 1 moderate circular arrangement, floor-based puzzle, 1 linear arrangement, and so on. You need to prepare accordingly.
- Input and output related topics is a quite important topic in the context of PO level examination. If you are thinking that you probably have simple questions then you need to think once again.
- The next thing you need to do is practice complex questions of input-output. Now, it is time to contemplate a new pattern since it will be there with some coding-decoding.
- You should make a habit to do a practice of high-level questions before going ahead with the exam to achieve a high score in the input-output oriented questions.
- You also need to prepare for coding-decoding-oriented questions from sentence-oriented coding.
- The next on the list is Syllogism since you can find Syllogism-oriented questions in the exam too. It could be a total number of 5 questions in the exam.
- To crack the exam with a high score, you need to go with blood relations, ranking, and direction-oriented questions. It could be a total number of 5-10 questions in the prelims exam. Though, you may think that these topics could be the easiest ones. The more you practice, the excellent results you will be achieving indeed.
- Data sufficiency is also needed to add here since there could be a total number of 5 questions there related to it. Here, it needs to mention that data sufficiency is indeed an ideal combination of all the important topics of reasoning. It is quite important to understand that all the concepts of each topic of reasoning are indeed important. It is quite necessary to understand all needed concepts related to each topic if you are supposed to achieve full marks in data sufficiency questions. Here, you also need to cover different sections such as direction, blood relation, ranking, and so on.
Apart from the above mentioned, you also need to cover the quantitative aptitude-related section to achieve great marks.