Technology has altered the way life was perceived and lived. From the way we shop to the way we dine, technology has now penetrated into everything.
Now the event industry is one of the most evolving ones and contributes massively to the economy as well as to the benefit of the business. The event industry is not just growing but it is getting bigger in almost all countries.
Technological tools like event rental CRM can really make a huge difference for the event organizers and the event-goers, too just like in every other case. And it now plays a revolutionary role in this industry. How the technology has transformed, or is still changing this industry can be enlisted as follows.
- Smart Flooring – You can create some interesting features for your events through the easy collection of data and analysis. The unobtrusive technologies like smart mats can collect the data from the critical regions and enhance sponsorships with real-time data and traffic numbers that are known.
- Mobile Ticketing – Mobile has taken the world by storm and the event industry is not an exception. The first wave of innovation by mobile, in this case, has come with the ticket management systems. Ticketing helps in establishing a higher point of touch. This allows businesses everywhere to reach everyone. Mobile ticketing also permits vendors to do a lot more. Businesses can manage the ticketing in the back-end in a much simpler way as compared with the older terminal-based systems. So anyone with a mobile phone can become the point-of-sale for tickets. Mobile phones are highly used in events and are also much preferred by consumers. As a result, the promoters, venues, and planners must partner with the providers for taking the experience mobile. The customer adaptation is quite quick as well.
- Facial Recognition – Just like the voice touch, facial recognition is going to spill over into the events industry. Facial recognition is going to provide more enhanced security and safety, more efficiency, and better social media post events.
- Online Applications – Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram have altered the way events are promoted and documented when it comes to industry events. When you advertise on the platforms it can be either earned or paid media campaigns. This process is streamlined with the built-in models of pricing on the basis of the powerful marketing tools and impressions. Those in the event industry are using this for gathering real-time media data as well as for promotional purposes. Social media apps are the only ones to have changed the way that we communicate about an event. There are several apps that are event-focused like eventScribe Boost, CadmiumCD that keep the info about a conference in one place for external and internal usage. The event planners can manage a lot of things about events and also maintain a to-do-list to execute events before, after, or during the event. Systems like these facilitate planning the details of the presentation, managing speakers, and delivering the experience of education to attendees and these have changed the event planning for the better.
- Live Streaming – Thanks to Instagram and Facebook, event organizers now are able to reach the target audience like never before. As the streams are free of charge technically, even people who are not able to opt for VR viewing can be brought on board now. This has enhanced the engagement between the brands and consumers. If you cannot find a free streaming app for your needs you can get hold of local developers or even outsource the development of the customized streaming product. Streaming a live charity or philanthropy event can give your international or local customers a preview of the empowerment programs of the community run by the business consequently bringing them closer to the brand.
- Attendee Data – Data gathering most often remains unrealized in the event industry. But that is bound to change. The technologies like QR codes can assist the event professionals after actively scanning the different objects at the live events. Location-based trafficking like NFC or Near Field Communication can deepen the insights of life events. Google also tracks and publishes data about the high-traffic times at different locations and can zero in on the more specific data.
- Virtual Reality – Virtual reality is another technology that the event world is starting to take advantage of. From virtually previewing the seats after purchase to viewing the events on headsets, VR has changed the way we attend conferences, meetings, award ceremonies, and trade shows. It can be the center of the event itself. The VR headsets can offer a real-life ambiance that can create a much more solid impact in the minds of the audience.
These are just some of the unprecedented ways, as suggested by the experts of reputed Event management companies, how technology is changing the event industry and empowering it.
Nitesh Ranjan is a digital marketing expert with keen interest on topics, trends and ideas related to brand promotion, event industry, and advertising. He regularly shares information on the ways to market businesses across digital channels for better ROI, increased conversions and more sales. His blog can help anyone interested in boosting the online visibility in the digital world and eyeing access to a wider and bigger marketplace without spending big on marketing. Trust his digital marketing knowledge to enhance your brand’s presence on the internet.