Faxing was the go-to option for many people and businesses when sending documents in the past. However, as technology advanced, better and more convenient documents sharing solutions such as emailing were developed. As people shifted to other tools, the use of faxes was significantly reduced.
However, newer platforms like emails give hackers a better opportunity to steal information. After all, technological developments also lead to a rise of more sophisticated attacks. As a result, businesses that prioritize document security and privacy, especially those in the law and healthcare industries, needed to look for a more secure and dependable way to send documents.
This demand for better security led to the comeback of faxing. Only this time, there’s no longer any need for the big and bulky faxing machine connected to the telephone line. With technology, it’s now become possible to send fax online from wherever you are. Here is a brief guide on how it works:
How To Send Faxes Online
Sending faxes online is a simple procedure that can be done as long as you’re connected to the internet. Here are the several ways that you can do it:
- Send Through Email
One of the easiest ways of sending an online fax is using email to fax with Gmail. This is because you won’t need any other equipment apart from your email account and an account from a company that offers faxing services.
Here are the steps to follow when faxing with email:
- Create an account with a company that offers faxing services. The company will give you a free faxing number that you can use to send and receive faxes online. And don’t worry, creating an account is free.
- Create a new email message and address it to the recipient’s fax number, followed by the address of the faxing company.
- Attach the document that you want to send and write a cover letter. Once you’re ready, simply click send.
The document and the cover letter will be printed out on the receiver’s end.
- Send Fax From A Faxing Account
Having a faxing account is another way to quickly send documents without the need for large equipment. With a faxing account, you can send the faxes either through the website or mobile application. Here’s how you can send faxes online through an account:
- Create an account with a service that offers faxing services.
- Log in to the account and select ‘send fax’ from the ‘My Account’ section.
- Add the recipient’s fax number.
- Attach the documents you want to fax and click ‘send fax.’
If the faxing company has a mobile application, you can use the same steps you take when sending documents through the website. Faxing using mobile applications makes it possible to send documents from remote workstations.
- Faxing From A Printer
Modern multipurpose printers have special features such as faxing, which allows you to fax online as long as you’re connected to the internet.
To send faxes through the printer, here are the steps that you should follow:
- Open the document you want to fax to your computer. The computer should be connected to a multipurpose printer.
- From the file menu, select the print option.
- Select fax as the print driver, enter the recipient’s number and fill in any other field required.
- Click send, and the document will be faxed to the recipient.
If the printer doesn’t have faxing capabilities, you won’t be able to send the fax.
- Faxing Using A Computer
In some instances, you can directly send the faxes from your computer without having an account with a faxing company. This will only be possible if you have the right equipment, including a faxing modem, phone line, and a computer.
With this equipment, you can send faxes from different computers with different operating systems. These are the steps of sending faxes using a computer:
- Connect the phone line and the fax modem to the computer. The fax modem is connected to the computer through the USB ports, and the phone line is connected to the fax modem.
- Open the search tab on your computer or the start tab and look for fax and scan.
- Click on the new fax, and the computer will prompt you to connect to a fax modem; follow the prompts until you’re connected.
- Add the recipient’s fax number and any other information.
- Attach the document you want to fax. You can also type out the fax message that will be used as a cover letter printed with the fax.
- Click on send, and the document will be faxed.
The return of online faxing has made document sending more reliable and secure. With the solutions available today, you no longer need to purchase faxing equipment. Moreover, you can fax from wherever you are. The methods discussed here are an excellent way to send faxes online. So, keep this guide in mind as you strive to improve the security and efficiency of your operations.
Read Dive is a leading technology blog focusing on different domains like Blockchain, AI, Chatbot, Fintech, Health Tech, Software Development and Testing. For guest blogging, please feel free to contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.